Thursday, June 28, 2012

Bring it On!

I have to admit that I didn't expect the Supreme Court to uphold the health care bill today, but I'm ecstatic that they did.  This bill is huge.  Once everything takes effect, you won't be able to take it away.  This bill will be untouchable like social security.  President Obama has changed the country for our entire lifetime.  This is huge.

I watched Romney's response.  They put a sign front and center on his podium that said "Repeal and replace Obamacare."  Within an hour of the decision, the House scheduled another vote to repeal the bill.  I want to encourage the Republicans here.  Please tell Americans that giving health insurance to people with preexisting conditions is bad.  Please tell us that taking away lifetime maximums is bad.  Please tell us that expanding coverage and containing costs is bad.  This is a fight I want.  We beat them on this issue when we passed the bill.  We beat them in the Supreme Court.  Let's beat them again in November.  I'll be taking a pilgrimage to Ohio to volunteer in a few months.  Anybody want to join me?

No comments: